These specialist courses in mental health are designed for staff, workers and personal individuals interested in the importance of promoting positive mental health. This course is also ideal for anyone who requires refresher training or continuing professional development (CPD) training. Many of these sessions can be run as short workshops or alternatively they may be organized over a One-Day Workshop with the opportunity and scope for participation in practical skills sessions on anxiety and stress management, progressive deep muscular relaxation techniques and guided mental imagery sessions.
The content of the course will cover:
- Mental Health Awareness Training.
- Mental ill health & mental Illness.
- Promoting Positive Mental Health Awareness.
- Stress & Anxiety Management Workshop.
- Mental Health Recovery.
- Maternal Mental Health and Management of Post-natal depression.
- Psychiatric and psychological emergencies/crisis and emergency management of same.
- Suicide, Deliberate Self-Harm and Suicide Awareness Workshop.
Courses may also be tailored to the needs of particular workplaces when block booked.
Successful candidates will receive a Certificate in Promoting Positive Mental Health & Mental Health Awareness.
One day workshop / Half day (3 hour) workshop / One hour seminar series.
All course participants must be physically well and feel capable to participate in the activities and procedures detailed above within the course outline.
What Our Students Say:
- “Excellent information given, individual exercises very beneficial.”
- “interesting facts on mental health awareness”
- “I found this course very useful”
- “interesting and relevant to my work”
- “very comprehensive presentation extremely well delivered and made very interesting”
- “All staff should have to do this training as a mandatory element to working with young adult learners, as I found this just so useful and applicable to my day to day role”.
- “I feel as if I have taken a lot away today that I am able to apply to my own life at work and of course in my own personal situations. I thoroughly enjoyed this course and the tutors made it really relaxed and were very approachable also”.
- “This is the first time such course was put on for staff development in our college and I am delighted that I attended this today as I have gained an invaluable insight to mental health and the two tutors were excellent and I loved the real life examples that they provided to assist our learning. I would highly recommend this course to all staff and students alike, thanks”.
Book and reserve your place on this course by contacting WEST NI at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact facility on this website.
Negotiable rates for larger groups, and courses organised at employer’s own venue, please contact the administrative officer for more details on email@example.com
We want to make you fully aware of how we work as a training company, so please read these before making a booking. View Terms and Conditions