This qualification is primarily intended for all those individuals who are working in health and social care environments where palliative care is a pre-requisite and an inter-connected part of their daily roles and responsibilities. This course is also ideal for anyone who requires refresher training or continuing professional development (CPD) training. Individuals who attend this course will learn that all aspects of care of people must be carried out in a correct and appropriate manner. Furthermore, emphasis on patient sensitivity, correct communication and recognition of patient needs and requirements outside of medical care will be important and central to ensure a person-centred approach to care is achieved.
Course participants will develop their knowledge and skills to caring for the dying patient including:
- Communication and the importance of listening.
- Communication techniques relevant to the situation and the positive impact this creates.
- Goals of care in the last days of life.
- Problems to recognize.
- Patient nutrition and hydration.
- Noisy breathing from the patient.
- Patient restlessness and/or agitation.
- Spiritual care.
- Care of the family.
- Care pathways.
- Record keeping.
Successful candidates will receive a Certificate of Attendance
One Day (6 hours).
All course participants must be physically well and feel capable to participate in the activities and procedures detailed above within the course outline.
What Our Students Say:
- “Excellent course, I definitely recommend this course to everyone.”
- “Caring for a relative at home is difficult; this course has helped me so much and made me more confident as a family carer. Thank you.”
- “What a wonderful course, I loved the attention given to care of the family. I would recommend this course for all that are caring for the elderly.”
- “Brilliant tutors, made the course so enjoyable.”
Book and reserve your place on this course by contacting WEST NI at email@example.com or by using the contact facility on this website.
Negotiable rates for larger groups, and courses organised at employer’s own venue, please contact the administrative officer for more details on firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to make you fully aware of how we work as a training company, so please read these before making a booking. View Terms and Conditions