This popular qualification is primarily intended for all those individuals who are working in health and social care environments where the assistance and movement of a person, sick or well, is a pre-requisite and an inter-connected part of their daily roles and responsibilities. This course is also ideal for anyone who requires refresher training or continuing professional development (CPD) training. Individuals who attend this course will learn that all aspects of moving and handling of people must be carried out in a correct and appropriate manner. Furthermore, emphasis on patient sensitivity and correct recognition of hazards will be important and central to ensuring a safer working environment for all.
Course participants will develop their knowledge and skills in relation to safe moving and handling, including:
- What is manual handling
- Hazards and potential risks
- Assessment of the person
- Anatomy and physiology of manual handling activities
- Carrying out Risk Assessments to reduce and minimise
- Potential injuries caused by incorrect moving and handling methods
- Preservation of the individual’s dignity and promotion of person-centred approaches
- Personalised planning and record keeping
Participants will also develop the specialist knowledge, skills and attitudes related to safer moving and handling of people and thus emphasis will be placed on:
- Personal safety and promoting health and dignity relating to movement of the person, sick or well, using effective communicational skills.
- The importance of comprehensive risk assessment procedures and planning to reduce/minimise/avoid the risk of personal injury.
- The principles and practices of utilisation of moving and handling equipment.
Successful candidates will receive a Certificate in Moving and Handling.
Half-Day (3 hours).
All course participants must be physically well and feel capable to participate in the activities and procedures detailed above within the course outline.
What Our Students Say:
- “Excellent course, I now feel confident in assisting patients to stand and move”.
- “Fantastic and well delivered course, I didn’t realize the damage I could have been doing to myself with incorrect lifting before this course.”
- “Tutors were friendly and welcoming. Good fun course.”
- “Loved the practice opportunities afforded to us.”
- “I would definitely recommend this course, WEST made a boring topic fun and enjoyable.”
Book and reserve your place on this course by contacting WEST NI at email@example.com or by using the contact facility on this website.
£30 per person.
Negotiable rates for larger groups, and courses organised at employer’s own venue, please contact the administrative officer for more details on firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to make you fully aware of how we work as a training company, so please read these before making a booking. View Terms and Conditions