This qualification is primarily intended for all those individuals who are working in health and social care environments where there is a need for in-house instruction and assistance to other members of staff as part of the development of their daily roles and responsibilities. This course is also ideal for anyone who requires refresher methods of instruction training or continuing professional development (CPD) training. Individuals who attend this course will learn that all aspects instruction and assessment must be carried out in a correct and appropriate manner. Furthermore, emphasis will be placed on self-lifelong learning and reflective practice to promote the correct attitudes to education and assessment in the workplace. Course participants will develop their knowledge and skills in relation to instruction and assessment, including:
The content of the course will cover:
- The Role of Teaching & Assessment in Life Long Learning.
- Learning Theories and Teaching Methods
- Developing Reflective Practice for Life-Long Learning
- Effective Communication to enhance Teaching and Learning.
- The Role of the Instructor and Teacher
- Using Visual Aids & Information Technology Effectively
- Dealing with Classroom or Learner Conflict.
- Learning Outcomes: Setting and Assessing.
- Formative and Summative Assessment Principles.
- Using Skills and Competency Based Learning Principles
- Hazards and potential risks
Successful candidates will receive a Certificate as Instructor for Adult Learning.
Five full days training and mentoring. This consists of classroom learning and work based learning approaches
All course participants must be physically well and feel capable to participate in the activities and procedures detailed above within the course outline.
This course is available to Nurses and Allied Health Care Professionals as part of their own CPD portfolio.
What Our Students Say:
- “Excellent course, the knowledge and direction that I have attained from this course will help me to develop my career.”
- “This training course has rekindled my passion for learning and teaching. Thank you WEST.”
- “The reflective techniques taught on this course will change my attitude to teaching and assessing. I would recommend this course to all teachers and assessors in healthcare.”
- “This course has helped me to understand and approach difficulties experienced in the classroom setting. The knowledge and experience of the instructors is top class. Thank you for a thoroughly enjoyable five days. I will be recommending this course to my colleagues.”
Book and reserve your place on this course by contacting WEST NI at email@example.com or by using the contact facility on this website.
Please contact the administrative officer for more details on firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to make you fully aware of how we work as a training company, so please read these before making a booking. View Terms and Conditions